The release of ProfileUnity and FlexApp v6.8 today is our best release ever! This release has several enhancements and new industry-first features that raise the bar.
FlexApp received numerous new features so let’s start with application layering and what’s new:
- Object-based Cloud Storage – FlexApps can now be seamlessly stored and retrieved from object based cloud storage. This is an industry first and supports Amazon S3, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure Blob.
FlexApp Caching – If you leverage cloud object-based storage you’ll want to ensure that your layered apps are always available, regardless of the stability of your cloud connection. FlexApp Caching ensures that FlexApps work smoothly by caching blocks of the layer to the local session. FlexApp caching helps ensure seamless application layering performance even if your cloud connection is temporarily lost. Benefits include faster execution of apps and enhanced FlexApp stability on less than reliable networks. FlexApp Caching is another industry-first innovation from Liquidware.
- FlexApp Cloud Apps – FlexApp now features over a dozen pre-packaged cloud-hosted applications. These apps are ready to deploy for pilot projects and easily cloned for production environments. You guess it…this is another industry first. Cloud Apps means you’ll have zero packaging required to get started!
- Amazon AppStream Support – Amazon AppStream is similar to publishing apps with RDS or Citrix Virtual Apps (formerly XenApp). FlexApp’s support of AppStream one AppStream server to publish multiple applications, minimizing the number of base images and servers required. This is another industry-first, FlexApp’s support of Amazon AppStream is an exclusive, you won’t find it anywhere else.
ProfileUnity has received updates as well in this release. They include:
- A new Licensing Server – ProfileUnity and FlexApp’s management console will now act as a licensing server to enable true concurrent license models. Benefits include accurate in-use ProfileUnity and FlexApp license counts, especially helpful in healthcare, government, and education.
- Faster ProfileUnity and FlexApp client execution – startup of the agent been streamlined, reducing login times for most customers by several seconds.
If you are a current customer it is very easy to upgrade to our best ProfileUnity and FlexApp release ever.Simply check the “About” tab in the admin area of your Management Console and see the update notice to upgrade your environment. If you’d like to try ProfileUnity and FlexApp you can download now and begin testing today!