We’ve got a lot going on over the next week as Citrix Synergy 2016. I’ll jump right in with just the facts.
Where to find us:
We’re a Silver sponsor in Booth S435. We’ll have on our blue shirts and we’ll be there in great numbers so you won’t be able to miss us.
Party with us!
Along with only Nutanix, we’re exclusively sponsoring the Worldwide Citrix User Group Community Pre-Game event at the Sands. This event is registration only and demand has been so high that the RSVP list is now closed but you may beg or steal an invitation from someone that has already RSVPed! The party is Monday at 5.
Party with us some more!
We’re also sponsoring the now famous M7 Global Partners party. These parties are always off the chain. This year’s theme is “Ocean’s M7.” It is Wednesday from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am at the Tao Las Vegas. Invitations are hard to come by but you may find one by asking around, especially if you know someone that works for an M7 Global partner.
What kind of swag are we giving away?
We’re giving away t-shirts on day one (maybe day 2 also if supplies last) that look really cool. “Make Desktops Great Again” with Liquidware Labs and Citrix. This either mimics Donald Trump’s campaign slogan or makes fun of him, take your pick 🙂 We also have some cool campaign themed laptop stickers and buttons. If you get caught wearing the shirt in public during the show you may win 25 Free licenses of our Essentials Suite!
We’re also giving away signed copies of Brian Suhr’s new book, “Architecting VDI Solutions.” This book promises to become the guidebook for desktop virtualization architects and engineers. These books normally cost $32 or more yet these are signed copies! Make sure you inquire at our booth how you can obtain a free copy but hurry, we only have a limited number.
What’s New – What you’ll see…
Citrix Cloud integration – (formerly Citrix Workspace Cloud) –Working together with Citrix, we have released and posted a ProfileUnity and FlexApp Lifecycle Template for Citrix Cloud. The template is immediately available for use via the Citrix Cloud Lifecycle Management (CLM) online catalog. The Citrix Ready verified template makes it easier than ever to implement ProfileUnity with FlexApp in a Citrix Cloud environment. Initial installation and configuration of the solution are fully automated through the CLM Blueprint. Customers answer a few key questions and choose to deploy the solution in their own cloud environment. The Blueprint performs an unattended installation of ProfileUnity and FlexApp in the customers’ cloud of choice. Many public and private clouds are supported but options include Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. The template just went live in the Citrix Catalog last night. Take a look Citrix Cloud ProfileUnity and FlexApp Lifecycle Template.
Collaboration with Citrix AppDNA – our Stratusphere monitoring and diagnostics solution is the perfect complement to AppDNA. The combined solutions comprise a complete application delivery planning strategy. We’ve recently worked closely together with Citrix to ensure customers have a sound methodology in place that leverages Stratusphere for “run-time” metrics including known applications installed and applications in use. Customers then leverage AppDNA to assess the compatibility of applications that were discovered by Stratusphere.
Product Updates: We will also be demonstrating new features in Stratusphere™ UX and ProfileUnity™ with FlexApp™ solutions including the following:
ProfileUnity User Environment Management and FlexApp Layering
- FlexApp Layering can now layer even complex applications that require drivers and services, even on a per user basis. Other solutions are limited to machine level application assignment
- FlexApp Micro Isolation automatically detecting and resolving file and registry conflicts that may occur between application layers that are independently packaged.
- FlexDisk VMDK option for VMFS storage, providing up to 58 VMDK per user, more than any other layering solution
- ProfileDisk technology speeds logon. VHD-based or VMDK-based ProfileDisks dramatically speed user logon times by seamlessly mounting the entire user profile from disk, supplying the benefits of native profile performance with instant delivery of a user profile
- Point and Click Clustering for HA offers highly-available and highly scalable clustered configuration has been introduced for ease of HA setup. ProfileUnity includes exclusive point-and-click clustering, removing the requirement for complex setup, network load balancers or external database clusters
Stratusphere Monitoring and Diagnostics
- New Search feature that will provide an easy-to-use help desk function
- Enhanced ICA/HDX Citrix metrics to gain deeper visibility in to audio, video and USB channels
- Support for Nutanix that will include full support of Acropolis and Prism
- Updates for Windows 10 such as hardware and application readiness reports
- Application Process GPU Metrics to better design, size, diagnose host-based GPU needs
Don’t miss the Keynotes, General Session on Day 2 or this session by Eduardo Molina and Jarian Gibson. They’ll be discussing UEM and App Delivery options including ProfileUnity and FlexApp and the session is sure to be packed!
What if you can’t attend in person?
If you don’t get to attend you can see a lot of the sessions live online at this link. live.citrixsynergy.com See you at Citrix Synergy!