Wow! What a week at Citrix Synergy 2015. Citrix boasts about five times more desktop users than VMware and over the last year and we’ve stepped up our efforts to reach more members of the Citrix community. Citrix Synergy was a catalyst for us to continue to demonstrate our value to Citrix customers and it was a great success. Attendees were impressed with our new innovations like the second generation of FlexApp Application Layering which supports Citrix XenApp and Microsoft RDSH, ProfileDisk profile layering, our built-in point and click HA clustering when leveraging VMware VMDKs for storage, and Stratusphere’s new Login Breakdown reporting.
Here are some of the highlights from last week:
- At the booth: We had great conversations with those interested in our focused Workspace Management approach which provides User Environment Management, Application Layering, and leading Visibility We sent hundreds of t-shirts which featured how you can Flex your FlexApp muscle with FlexApp 2.0 in ProfileUnity v6.5. In the first few hours of the show we blew through them all and every promo item we had and called in an overnight order to our HQ. We had more than three times the amount of leads compared to last year!
- In the News: We had some great stories about ProfileUnity and FlexApp hit during the week of Synergy. Here are three of them:
- Application Layering speaking session with Doug Brown of DABCC.com and myself: Our session was wildly successful. With all the buzz around Application Layering at Synergy we invited Citrix to speak with us and Mohit Dhawan joined us on stage. Here is a picture of the audience filling up. We ended up with a nearly standing room only crowd. This topic was so popular that we plan to revisit in the form of a webinar with Doug Brown within the next month or so.
- Citrix Ready momentum: Liquidware Labs is a Citrix Ready Plus partner: Just prior to Synergy both ProfileUnity and Stratusphere received their updated verification for both XenApp and XenDesktop versions 6.5-7.6. The Citrix Ready team invited us to record another video on our products and we did that live in their booth. Look for it soon!
- The ProfileUnity v6.5 BETA program that includes FlexApp 2.0 was launched just prior to Synergy and we’ve had a huge number of registrations for the BETA. If you’d like to be wait listed for the second phase of our BETA please fill out this simple form.
- Great Partner collaboration: We had great meetings with Atlantis, Nutanix, NetApp and others. We also sponsored the M7 Party. If you missed that you really missed something. It was a Cuban themed party complete with straw hat fedoras, Cigars, Salsa dancers, and Mojitos. Someone caught this picture of me and one of our great SEs, Chris Walker, having too much fun after a hard few months of planning and executing on Synergy 😉
If you missed Synergy, you missed some great happenings but fear not! We’re already scheduling those webinars I mentioned to keep you in the know and you can follow the links above to be up to date!