We’re excited to deliver the latest version of our User Environment Management and Application Layering solutions in ProfileUnity and FlexApp v6.8.3 r2.
The new r2 version builds on v6.8.3 that was first available earlier this year. Version r2 has updates to our existing features and a few new features as well such as VHDX support for ProfileDisk and FlexApp and hourly billing for the AWS Marketplace. This solution also remains available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace as BYOL.
A significant update has been made to the FlexApp filter driver for faster attach speeds and increased compatibility.
Here’s a quick summary of what’s been introduced to date with version 6.8.3 and the r2 update:
v6.8.3 and v6.8.3 r2 (January 9 and June 17)
- Seamless FlexApp compatibility with FSLogix
- Enhanced Windows 10 Multi-session OS support (WVD)
- FlexApp Speed improvements on launch from cloud
- Security hardening (client)
- VHDX Support for FlexApp and ProfileDisk
- Bug fixes, FlexApp, File Extensions, etc.
- Updated FlexApp filter driver for speed and compatibility
- Hourly Billing for AWS
- FlexApp and Base Image Runtime Installer tool for C++ Runtimes and .NET frameworks
If you are an existing customer, we encourage you to update your ProfileUnity and FlexApp implementation, you can get started with one-click in the About area of the management console under available updates. By upgrading you’ll be able to take advantage of the latest features and most customers will see enhanced FlexApp performance. If you’re not yet a customer, you can download here and have access to evaluate the solution today!